Quote of the Month

There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.

~Mirabel Osler






Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Gardening Out-takes from Digame!

Wearing a different hat - I also edit the very popular Blog called Digame  - I am receiving more and more requests for advice & information on garden-related matters - such as those reproduced below. 
If you can offer some wisdom - please do  AND visit the Digame website and Subscribe to the daily newsletter.



Container/Pot Plants - Grubs

Can your subscribers help me to identify grubs that I have found in my Containers and Pot plants. 
They are larva similar to grubs. 
They are different sizes black. grey and cream in colour with orangey brown heads.
 They are similar to Vine Weevils in that they feed on the roots. 
Vine Weevils, I believe, however are white in colour. 
Also I would like to treat the containers to destroy the grubs. 
Any suggestions on treatment please.
E Mail kevin.greensmith @ gmail.com
and

digametorrox @ hotmail.co.uk

 Gardening Advice Needed Please

Bignonia Ricosoleana
Help! I have a couple of these plants, one in a large pot climbing up a brick pergola column and the other rampaging down a bank with no restrictions whatsoever.
The one in the pot is wilting, and looking very sad. Should I cut it right back and let it start again?
The other one is wilting in parts. I have been spraying them with water when I am watering the garden, just to cool them down at the end of the day. The oleander seems to thrive on this treatment as it washes off the dust, but perhaps this random act of kindness is murdering them?
digametorrox @ hotmail.co.uk







No comments:

Post a Comment