Quote of the Month

There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.

~Mirabel Osler






Sunday, 31 August 2014

Thank you


A very big thank you to the Garden Club for this magnificent present, to aid my recovery from my recent knee replacement.  It will be a while before I do any actual gardening so the book serves as my 'virtual' .... 

Right royal recuperation reading, as Chester might have said!

What a wonderful get well present, I will spend many happy hours browsing with Roy Strong -- did you know that Chris knew his brother very well?  …. he played a lot of cricket with him, another MCC member.

I might even bring it to a meeting some time to show it off, I just love it.


Linda Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment