Quote of the Month

There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.

~Mirabel Osler






Friday, 27 February 2015

Geranium moth

Over the years, many of us have discussed the dreadful geranium moth and the devastation they cause.  

 
 
I especially remember two years ago when they were particularly bad and many of us lost a lot of geraniums.  I have personally tried many different sprays from various garden centres and neem oil as preventative measures, but thought I'd share my success story.  
 
I read about trying moth balls and they work for me.  By just placing them gently in the soil at the top of the pot acts as a deterrent.
 
Not only have I found this effective but the price is amazing!!!  You can purchase a bag of twelve moth balls in Competa, from the lower Chinese Bazaar next to the tourist office for only 1euro.
 
Hope it works for you.


Thanks
Cindy 
 
Note from the Editor
 
OK Folks please give it a try and send me details of how this worked for you!
 
Do you have any other handy tips to share with club members. Just email me your tips to sunley.judith@btinternet.com and I will share them on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment